Taste the World in Fenton Village / Fenton Street Market POP-UP
Taste the World in Fenton Village (aka TTWFV) is an annual restaurant crawl that showcases the diverse flavors of Fenton Village in Downtown Silver Spring. Attendees pick up a guide book, then find restaurants and sample the dishes and atmosphere. Featuring over 30 restaurants and drawing hundreds of area residents, FSM vendors are the perfect match! We are setting up a pop-up market to run in the midst of TTWFV.
When: Sunday, May 21st, 1:00-5:00pm
Where: Georgia Avenue, between Sligo Avenue and Silver Spring Avenue (we'll be set-up on the service road in front of Pacci's Restaurant)
Booth Fees: $50 for a 10'x10' space
Application Deadline: April 28th, 5:00pm. Vendors will be notified by May 1st.
We are looking for vendors selling quality handmade goods. Examples include: home goods, jewelry, art, antiques and vintage goods, books, records, pottery, furniture, clothing, kids toys and more. We also accept vendors with interesting services, especially services that can be performed on-site: henna tattoos, professional advice, fortune-telling, bike repair, etc.
Please note: we will have a limited number of spaces for jewelry, import, and bath & body vendors.
We do not accept vendors with new, mass-made items (clothing, cell phone accessories, handbags), general used merchandise (yard sale items), and sell-at-home/network marketing items (Avon, Tracy Lynn, Scentsy, etc.).
What happens next? If your application is approved, you will receive a confirmation email and payment link from us. We require pre-payment to reserve your spot. The fee is non-refundable and non-transferable. You do not lock in your spot until you have paid!
By submitting an application, you agree to the following RULES & REGULATIONS:
- There are NO REFUNDS for cancellations, and the fee is non-transferable. If you cancel, you forfeit your booth space; you are not permitted to sell or trade your space. We reserve the right to fill spots as we see fit from the vendors on our waiting list.
- Your booth fee includes a 10ft. x 10ft. booth space. Vendors are responsible for their own equipment: tent, tables, chairs, displays. The event is outdoors and will go on RAIN OR SHINE; a tent is recommended but not required. It can be windy in May -- you must use tent weights.
- All accepted vendors must be set up by 12:30pm and stay in their assigned space until 5:00pm.
- All accepted vendors must have or obtain a Maryland Sales & Use Tax license and are required to collect and submit 6% sales tax to the Comptroller of Maryland.
- Taste the World in Fenton Village, the Fenton Street Market and its sponsors are not liable for any damage to vendors' goods, stolen goods, or bodily injury resulting from your participation in the market. There are no guarantees that participating vendors will have sales the day of the market.
- Applying to participate in the Fenton Street Market does not guarantee inclusion. To ensure excellent quality and variety of product, opportunities to participate may be limited.