For the second year, FSM presents a curated African Marketplace at AFI Silver's New African Film Festival. From 2:00–7:30 p.m., ticketholders* can shop local vendors selling African home goods, clothing, books and art in the theater's atrium lobby.
Check out our fabulous vendors:
- Atsu Numadzi -- a Ghanaian artist and fashion designer based in the Washington, DC area specializing in fine art paintings, mosaics, collages, and contemporary African fashion.
- Bahari Deco Crafts -- the place for Swahilism! Fashionable clothing, home accessories and more using Kanga and Kitenge textiles.
- Chez Kevito -- timeless, one-of-a-kind clothing, accessories, and home goods with inspiration is drawn from a wide range of elements including vintage designs, scenes in nature, architectural design, and pop culture.
- Obioma -- fair trade clothing made in Nigeria, mixing African Prints with modern designs.
- South African Bazaar Craft Cooperative -- beautiful, hand-crafted jewelry and home accessories made by talented artisans in rural South Africa.
- Tutu's Storybooks -- a specialty retail bookstall specializing in the newest high quality children's Africana books.
*The marketplace is NOT open to the public. You must have a ticket to a film in order to attend. Check out the amazing films and showtimes on the AFI Silver's New African Film Festival site.